[Sca-cooks] black-eyed peas was Spanish Pepper?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Sep 13 22:26:27 PDT 2011

On 9/13/2011 7:58 PM, Saint Phlip wrote:
> Thought those were fava beans?

Phlip, in the link I posted just previously
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitulare_de_villis_vel_curtis_imperii,
favas are listed, but in a different place in the capitulary. They're
number 67, /Vicia faba/. There would be no point in listing them
separately if they were the same thing. And they are different plants.

Liutgard, with a vested interest in Frankish foodstuffs

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore