[Sca-cooks] Seeking salmon recipe

salbert morgana at gci.net
Tue Sep 20 14:26:10 PDT 2011

Greetings!

Our barony is planning a Russian (and close environs) feast, and we are
having difficulty finding a period salmon dish. We have access to whole
salmon, and 'traditional' cookbooks, but other ingredients (like bunches
of fresh sorrel) are the main problems. IIRC there's not much in terms
of period primary sources for Russian. We could just bake it with dill
and mint, but we'd like some alternatives. The Prince and Princess are
probably coming and we'd like to "wow" them (G).

I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the direction of sites that
might be helpful (or a spiffy recipe). I've done some hunting around,
but I lost all my booksmarks awhile ago and am still rebuilding them.
And dealing with a dial-up modem can be so tedious (sigh).

Thanks!!!

Morgana yr Oefa
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West