[Sca-cooks] Ambargris Pudding & Other Perfumed Foods

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 21 04:07:31 PDT 2011

Suey wrote:

 >My questions are:
 >Are ambergris puddings still made in England like that in my blog?

I would say "no" based on comments implied by Ivan Day.  He seemed to
indicate that his supply was limited and difficult to obtain, so he
rarely used it.  If you mean "Does anyone in the UK make
ambergris-flavored puddings?", well... he might do so for certain
occasions.  If you mean "Are ambergris puddings commonly made in the UK
in food establishments?" then the answer would be "no".

 >Are foods perfumed today, although deer musk has its limits, the plant
 >could be in use? Examples of recipes?

Did I miss something?  "Plant"??  Deer musk is not a plant.  It's a
secretion from a gland.

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming