[Sca-cooks] cultural context

Beth Harper lyndyn29 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 13:38:47 PDT 2011

[...]

> Taking bits and pieces of what we did and incorporating them into your feast plans for your first feast on your own may be more do-able than trying to replicate our entire project :-)

Hah! Yes. Very much so. :-) (I was sous-chef for Mistress Madavi's
crazy Indian feast last year *waves at Madhavi*, so I have a sense of
what goes into that kind of thing - we didn't do servingware and
furniture, and we asked people to bring their own feastware within a
range of event-appropriate, but think we did nearly everything else at
that level.) I'm not aiming for quite that high a bar this time, but
it is the inaugural event of our incipient shire - a midwinter indoor
tournament and social, a laid-back but pageant-y event - so I want it
to be pretty fabulous.

I would LOVE that material, yes, thank you so much! (If you're reading
this on the web and can't see the last half of my e-mail, it's a gmail
address.)

Gratefully,
Liepa