[Sca-cooks] Cameline and Green Sauces now at Dar Anahita

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 28 19:54:52 PDT 2011

Apologies to those who see this multiple times...

Questions about Cameline Sauce and Green Sauce, two common sauces for meats within SCA-period have come up on several SCA cooking lists (although i don't recall exactly which, which is why i'm sending this message to so many).

So i went on a hunt for recipes for them and compiled a web page for each one. I have only the original recipes, in the original and translation, but no modern interpretations. Nor are all the sauces called "Cameline" or "Green", but if you look over my ingredient lists and chart of ingredients by source (included on each web page), i think the relationships become clear.

Cameline Sauce
[http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/misc/CamelineSauce-Survey.html]

Green Sauce
[http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/misc/GreenSauce-Survey.html]

The collections are not all inclusive or utterly thorough. I do have 19 Camelines from 5 centuries and 7 "countries", and 24 Green sauces from 3 centuries and 5 "countries" (i'm a big fan of Green Sauce).

Naturally, i'm happy to have more sauces if you know of some, and to correct any errors i have made.

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)