[Sca-cooks] ISO Hints for Teaching at Pennsic

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 17:18:19 PDT 2011

I would plan for at least 25 people, you might get less, you might get more. But it does seem the newer the material at Pennsic, the more students you are likely to have.

Pennsic Univ has a classroom area that includes a sink, just for these "hands-on" classes that are done. Just make sure you note when you register you class that you will need this. Also be prepared to have something to cart the things you need to and from the class site.

I also suggest trying to test your class prior to Pennsic, allow you to work out any of the logistics ahead of time. A class I started to develop last year, I taught for the first time at Pennsic this year. I was glad I had the time to fine tune the class prior to teaching it at Pennsic.

I have also brought a propane stove into the pavilion at Pennsic in the past, and I had no problem. And I believe they are all equipped with fire extinguishers as well.

Euriol