[Sca-cooks] Puddng cloth?

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Wed Sep 7 16:29:05 PDT 2011

She's talking about making sure the cabbage leaves are tight to prevent the
water getting in, although the water does get in to some extent, the meat
forms up and solidifies and doesn't go anywhere. If you have it loosely
wrapped, it can ooze out, just like a sausage in a casing with holes in it.

The pudding cloth I have is just a piece of densely woven cotton cloth, a
bit like a large handkerchief.  What she was using looked an awful lot like
cheesecloth.
Christianna