[Sca-cooks] Spanish Pepper?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Sep 13 17:59:17 PDT 2011

I would have asked for the documentation at Pennsic. What was the
contestant using or relying upon?
Where was he/she getting her "facts"? Was the contestant mistaking
long pepper for being a Spanish pepper?
(That was after all the pepper of the Romans.)

The best books on the subject of Capiscums in my opinion are those by
Jean Andrews. She has written The Pepper Trail: History and Recipes
from Around the World and Peppers: The Domesticated Capsicums, New
Edition.

For a good source online try the Encyclopedia of Food and Culture

http://www.enotes.com/food-encyclopedia/chili-peppers

Johnnae