[Sca-cooks] Spanish Pepper?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Sep 13 18:36:30 PDT 2011

I heard about that. I believe you'll remember us, with Frederich
unable to shut up about the "poo". We helped our opponent with his
entry against the people who were so upset. He certainly deserved to
win- I was just happy I was able to help him with the "dormice in
honey" concept ;-) Brighid, they were your dormice, considering they
were made out of radishes ;-)

Anyway, everything I've ever heard and seen indicates that the
capsicum peppers are entirely New World. Granted, they may have been
used in period to some extent, in Europe, but that's going to happen
when you have a cut-off date based on a date that has no real validity
in terms of folks' doings, historically speaking.

However-

I still feel that the black-eyed peas were OOP. Can someone go back
over that? I think we could use turkey more easily than black-eyed
peas.

I think we ought to tell folks what was done for that challenge ;-)
Frederich and I had a ball, and it served to get Rowan, our other
teammate, more interested in period cookery.