[Sca-cooks] Seeking salmon recipe

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Sep 20 15:08:37 PDT 2011

The "Domostroi": rules for Russian households in the time of Ivan the
Terrible By Carolyn Pouncy can be searched through Google Books.
(Amazon has used copies for as low as $8.50) Salmon is mentioned
several times.

You could take those descriptions and devise your own recipe based on
research in this source and other works like Classic
Russian Cooking: Elena Molokhovet's Gift to young Housewives (19th
century cookbook
translated by Joyce Toome, Indiana University Press, 1992). Also see
maybe  A La Russe: A Cookbook of Russian
Hospitality or A taste of Russia: a cookbook of Russian hospitality
by Dara Goldstein. Also The Food and Cooking of Eastern Europe,  and A
taste of Russia: a cookbook of Russian hospitality
  The latter two are by Lesley Chamberlain.
Used copies are available. And a number can be searched through Google
Books.

Johnnae