[Sca-cooks] Cinnamon Question

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Sep 23 19:51:40 PDT 2011

John Russell, in his Boke of Nuture, says:
     "Looke that your stikkes of synamome be thynn, bretille, and
fayre in colewre,
     And in youre mowthe fresche, hoot, and swete: that is best and
sure,
     For cannelle is not so good in this craft and cure.
     Synamome is hoot and dry in his worchynge while he will dure."

You might want to start by reading Dangerous Tastes: The Story of Spices
  By Andrew Dalby.

Johnnae