[Sca-cooks] Photos from PPF2- ponderings on kitchen culture

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 13:37:00 PDT 2011

This is fantastic!! Thank you so much for sharing. I so wish I could have been there, and experienced it! I really hope we can do something similiar up here in An Tir!

In addition to the amazing full historical immersion, I find all of the different kitchen & material cultures even within the same kingdom to be fascinating. I've worked with 5 different baronies and people from several kingdoms, and while I don't think in terms of "better" or "worse", they are definately different in terms of how things are planned and executed.
When you work on these Perfectly Period Feasts, as well as others do you tend to work as an individual guiding a team of volunteers they gather themselves, as guilds, or as some combination of the two? Is all of the fantastic serving ware owned and maintained by a specific groups, or bits and pieces by various individuals? Just a tangent that these pictures brought to my mind.

In joyous service,
Raffaella