[Sca-cooks] Holiday dining and Santa Stuff

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Sun Dec 30 15:58:11 PST 2012

Nothing crazy here for once.  Both of us were sick with the creeping crud going around Albuquerque.

Christmas brekkis was soft scramble eggs with cream cheese chunks and peppered bacon for him.  Dinner was roast pork (4 bone loin), spiced apples, stuffing, pan roasted sweet potates and carrots and asparagus.  Mince gallete (sp) for dessert.

I think it tasted good, but who can tell?

New Years Day... steamed shrimp and lots of them with cocktail sauce.  Old bay a must.

Presents?  Well my boss finally got it right and gave me a fifth of Scotch instead of Irish Whiskey this year. ;)  And a Fandango certificate so we went to see the Hobbit.   HOOOO-rah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  okay so I am a geek...

Back to work on Wednesday after 10 days off.   One of the few good reasons to work at UNM.

Happy Whatever You Celebrate and hopes for a great and healthy New Year.

Cailte
>coff, coff<

Kathleen Roberts

Admissions Advisor

University of New Mexico

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."  W.B. Yeats

"The hand that rocks the ladle rules the world."  Nadia G.