[Sca-cooks] Old World beans

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Sun Feb 5 11:30:58 PST 2012

maybe another case of "why write down what everybody knows in their bones, from their mother's knee" -- kinda like bread recipes? or salads?

and maybe throw in a half-handful of "everybody at the manor house eats this stuff occasionally, but the peasants eat it all the time, so why bother to write it down, it's basically peasant food" ... ??

chimene
(hi Lainie)