[Sca-cooks] high altitude cooking

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 2 15:01:59 PST 2012

<<< May I suggest that altitude might have some effect?  Cariadoc
lives at
sea level.  Baric lives fairly high in the mountains.  I live at 6500
feet and find that many baking recipes that worked fine for me when I
lived in DC simply do not work the same here in Colorado.

Let me take this opportunity to note that the Cooks and Bards Collegium
will be held at nearly 10000 feet - NOTHING is going to cook the way you
are used to.  The difference between where I live and the collegium is
as great as that between where Cariadoc lives and where Baric lives.
It's a different cooking world up there.

Elaina >>>

Here's some previous commentary on this subject:
high-alt-ckng-msg (10K)  9/ 5/09  Cooking medieval food and feasts at
high
                                      altitudes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/high-alt-ckng-msg.html

Stefan