[Sca-cooks] travelers fare

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Mar 2 23:58:32 PST 2012

Hais is described in al-Baghdadi as travelers' food. And I have a conjectural recipe for oat cakes based on Froissart's comment about scottish troopers. Both in the Miscellany (and How to Milk an Almond), available as pdf's on my site or for purchase from Amazon and CreateSpace.

I don't know if I have mentioned here that the 10th edition of the Miscellany is done and available on Amazon. It includes the material in How to Milk an Almond, Stuff an Egg, and Armor a Turnip: A Thousand Years of Recipes as its first long section, so you probably don't want both books.