[Sca-cooks] Looking for "Celtic" foods, especially "finger foods"

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 09:56:40 PST 2012

I thought part of the deal with pasties was that the dough was not to be
eaten.  Rather it was to contain the inside when the workers left home they
could take them with them and then at meal time crack it open and eat the
insides, discarding the pastry.  Am I thinking too modern?  I also remember
reading that the pastie would contain the whole meal, including a "dessert"
end - usually cooked fruit.  Again, maybe I"m thinking too modern - miners.

Shoshanah