[Sca-cooks] Dessert/subtlety ideas

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Mar 6 05:46:17 PST 2012

For German subtleties, we have this one rather splendid illustration
from  Franz Hogenberg., Cologne 1585.
It depicts  Duke Johann Wilhelm's wedding banquet  described as
"including a depiction of a table decorated with animals and plants
made of sugar paste (no. 7)."

http://www.archive.org/details/beschreibungdere00gram

Or you can search under
Beschreibung derer Fürstlicher Güligscher &c. Hochzeit,which turns up
online in the Internet Archive

page n67 shows a credenza to the left of the foldout page.

page n71 is the table with all the subtleties.

Johnnae