[Sca-cooks] Venison . . .

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 8 11:24:31 PST 2012

Remember the Bambi Bourguignon from Angels 20th Anniversary?  Okay, you
can go easy on the onions and mushrooms if The Lady prefers, but there
are plenty of other options.  Juniper berries are traditional with
venison;  "poudre forte" and other such strong spices play well with deer.

We are coming up on St. Patrick's Day, maybe make an Irish Stew for
Poachers with some Guinness?

Or:  here's a redaction for Roe Deer from a nice man on this list, who
will probably pipe up soon.  http://medievalcookery.com/recipes/roedeer.html

I guess I can't get you to mail it to me, huh?

Selene