[Sca-cooks] Substitution of nuts in qanura of rabbit

Tre trekatz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 23:08:54 PDT 2012

I don't know if substituting the nuts would be period, but if you're going to substitute something, I'd use hazelnuts. Almonds, pistachios, and pine nuts would all cook a lot differently than walnuts, but hazelnuts would at least act similarly when you're preparing the dish.

However, even if you don't usually like walnuts, I'd try making this with walnuts first and try it. I don't know that a sweeter nut flavor would taste right with the garlic and vinegar.