[Sca-cooks] Rumpolt recipe for making Verjuice

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 16 12:18:11 PDT 2012

Ranvaig wrote:
> One thing I found interesting is that it is pretty heavily salted, I
> wouldn't have assumed that.
> Are modern verjuices salted?

None of the several different brands made here in California that i've ever purchased - and i found both red and white.

I didn't notice salt on the label of the Australian verjus i've seen in "gourmet" stores, but never bought.

And there's no salt in any of the Middle Eastern sour grape juices (abghoureh in Persian, hisrim in Arabic) i've gotten, although maybe that doesn't exactly count, coming from non-European cultures.

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona some how persistently called Anahita