[Sca-cooks] Peach Butter

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Mar 24 19:15:55 PDT 2012

I haven't encountered any recipes for peach butter that don't use sugar or
some other sweetener.  You don't want to use unsweetened apple juice, so you
appear to want to avoid all sweeteners.  In that case, you probably need
fully ripened fruit straight from the orchard.  That will give you the
optimal natural fructose.  Whether it is enough is the question.

Depending on your intent, you might consider sweet peach wine (cooking down
the peaches first in water, then in wine) or honey.

Perhaps, Adamantius will have some better ideas.

Bear