[Sca-cooks] Looking for "Celtic" foods, especially "finger foods"

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 3 13:11:41 PST 2012

I think the Cornish are too thrifty to discard the entire pastry
portion, even if it's tough enough to be the lunch box, but a miner
handling metal-rich ores [frequently including arsenic] is well advised
to hold the pasty by the crimp and toss that as a sacrifice to the
"knocker" spirits of the mine.  Good Luck, indeed.

The variation called the "Bedfordshire Clanger" has jam or fruit in one
end as the sweet course.  This is like 19th Century or so however.

Cheers,
Selene