[Sca-cooks] Suggestions for soft cheese?

Tre trekatz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 09:09:12 PST 2012

...or maybe it needs to be squeezed harder instead of just drained. I made "green cheese" (or "pot cheese") using vinegar or lemon juice to curdle the milk. When I drained it, I also had to squeeze the cheesecloth pretty hard to get the whey out, and kept it tied fairly hard in the cheesecloth for a few hours/overnight.

As far as recipes, try looking for a recipe for an "Ember day tart". There are several variations, but it does use soft cheese.