[Sca-cooks] handicapped services carts at Pennsic

Mark S. Harris MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 6 23:06:50 PST 2012

Johnnae replied to me with:
<<< And of course Pennsic has to come up with their 18% contribution for
the settlement of the lawsuit too.
I suspect a number of expenses must and will be cut.>>>

I did forget about the fact that the Pennsic reserve? fund would be
hit with this 18% fine (danegild), but that doesn't necessarily mean
that the operating budget is being cut. It might just mean an increase
on the gate cost or other fees.

But more importantly to my question, Hrothny said that they had
intended to restrict the use of carts for handicap pickup last year,
but just didn't do it, which was long before the announcement of the
court settlement. So while that could be a handy excuse, I don't see
that as the primary reason.

Stefan