[Sca-cooks] Venison . . .

James Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 8 18:28:55 PST 2012

Thank you all for your input -- I'll be saving them up, because I'm
told I can expect this sort of amount every couple of weeks for a few
months, thanks to my butcher's generosity.

What I did tonight was to marinate the meat in Shiraz for a couple of
hours, season it fairly strongly with Poudre Forte (thanks for that
reminder, Selene -- the "bambi bourginion" reference with the kick),
and baked it. I served it with apples, fried in coconut oil, seasoned
with Splenda's brown sugar blend (both materials trying to save some
calories -- I AM on a bodybuilding diet) and with brown and wild rice
with garlic, dill and basil, cooked in salt-free chicken broth). Also
served a baby spinach salad.

My lady, who's become fond of saying "Chicken breast AGAIN?!?" as I
try to drop weight for a contest at the end of April (I've dropped 29
lbs. since Christmas -- 95% of it fat), was impressed.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. I confess, coming up with
attractive, interesting recipes that are simple to make in my crowded
schedule AND have appropriate divisions of protein, carbs and fat
is . . . challenging. Most of my carbs are eaten in the morning, but I
get protein throughout the day, and into the evening. At this point, 7
1/2 weeks from a competition, fats are minimal -- and restricted to
things like coconut oil. I'm down to about 9% bodyfat, heading for 5%
or below. (I've even found my abs -- something I never saw in armor
<grin>)

Jared