[Sca-cooks] Substitution of nuts in qanura of rabbit

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Mon Mar 12 23:15:15 PDT 2012

There are cases in the Italian Corpus where agliata (garlic sauce) uses either walnuts or almonds. The Mediterranean cuisines (IIRC) do not use many hazelnuts and Pine nuts are mostly in candy or for garnish. I do not recall any pistachios in Italy but there might be some in the other Mediterranean cuisines.

All to say - I would recommend, if you absolutely have to substitute, that almonds be your first choice.

Eduardo