[Sca-cooks] Looking for "Celtic" foods, especially "finger foods"

Karen Lyons-McGann karenthechef at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:25:01 PDT 2012

I'm late to responding, but you don't give a date for your event, so
perhaps I can still offer the report I did for my long ago Irish feast in
the Florilegium.
http://www.florilegium.org/?http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEAST-REVIEWS/Irish-Vik-fst-art.html
<http://www.florilegium.org/?http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEAST-REVIEWS/Irish-Vik-fst-art.html>

<http://www.florilegium.org/?http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEAST-REVIEWS/Irish-Vik-fst-art.html>The
foods (ingredients) I used were documented as appearing in songs, tales or
archeological digs in Ireland (not by ME, my main resource is listed).  The
recipes were from various sources, some documentable to Ireland at
sometime, mostly medieval, others documentable to SCA period, early period
even, but not necessarily Irish.  Some of the dishes are finger food,
others might easily be adapted.

1. Pickled Quail Eggs

2. Baked Mushrooms

3. Samit Cheese (Fresh Cheese w/herbs)