[Sca-cooks] I'm Teaching at Pennsic 2012 !!!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 2 10:14:07 PST 2012

OK. I did it. I registered to teach at Pennsic this year (gulp!)

I have requested a 9-11 AM time slot for all classes, since it's a usually cooler time of day and we'll be cooking.

I will teach a 15th & 16th c. Ottoman cooking class twice. I haven't decided the recipes yet, but most likely something i have already taught either in the West Kingdom or in An Tir. I requested Aug. 1st and 4th.

I will teach a late 16th c. Persian polaw cooking class twice. I haven't decided which recipe yet. It may be something i have already taught either in the West Kingdom or in An Tir. But since i've only taught 2 polaws, i may try something new. I requested Aug. 7th and 9th.

I am unlikely to attend Pennsic 2013 and definitely won't in 2014 because i will have to start saving money as soon as i'm home. That's because Gamelan Sekar Jaya
http://gsj.org
(what i do in my other spare time) is hoping to get EVERY member to Bali to study and perform in 2014. We have 3 gamelans (angklung, gong kebyar, and jegog), a gender wayang ensemble, and even tingklik ensemble, as well as a corps of dancers. We won't bring our instruments, but there are more than 60 members, and while not everyone will go, it would be so cool if most of us could make it. I hope i can learn to make traditional offerings (artfully arranged fruits & flowers, little colored and painted rice paste "sculptures", cut palm leaves, even carved pork fat).

Anyway, that's why the marathon teaching at Pennsic this year.

If anyone has helpful Pennsic teaching hints, i'd love to hear.

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly, yet still persistently, known as Anahita