[Sca-cooks] Food and Foodways of Medieval Cairenes: was really interesting, any scholar here in the Arab period?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Mar 5 05:05:49 PST 2012

> Food and Foodways of Medieval Cairenes: Aspects of Life in an
> Islamic Metropolis of the Eastern Mediterranean.
The book finally arrived at the library and I have seen the copy. At
first glance, it looks very good, perhaps even a model for
a work that describes the historical foods and foodways of a specific
place. Comprehensive bibliography.
It is not a cookbook, so don't loan it in expecting hundreds of recipes.
Best price seems to be $221 USD, so yes it's very expensive.

Johnnae