[Sca-cooks] Medieval Indian food

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Tue Apr 2 07:15:03 PDT 2013

Curious....
Here's the Google search for  "nimatnama":

https://www.google.com/search?q=nimatnama&rlz=1C1CHMZ_enUS309US310&aq=f&oq=n
imatnama&aqs=chrome.0.57j60l2j0j62l2.5180j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The  second link came up for me (in Chrome) copied out of the  email:
http://presidency-medievalhistoryclub.blogspot.com/2011/08/after-demise-of-i
mperious-tughlaq.html

If  it still doesn't for you, you might try searching for part of this:

"The  recipes of Nimatnama are detailed and alluring. Take this one for
example:

Another recipe for the method of saffron meat: wash the meat  well and,
having put
sweet-smelling ghee into a cooking pot, put the meat  into it. When the
ghee is hot,
flavour it with saffron, rosewater and  camphor. Mix the meat with the
saffron to flavour
it and when it has become  well-marinated, add a quantity of water. Chop
cardamoms,
cloves, coriander,  fennel, cinnamon, cassia, cumin and fenugreek, tie them
up in muslin
and put  them with the meat. Cook almonds, pine kernels, pistachios, and
raisins  intamarind syrup and add them to the meat. Put in rosewater, camphor,
musk and  ambergris and serve it. By the same method cook partridge, quail,
chicken and  pigeon."

Jim Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

A History of Coffee and Other  Refreshments in Early Modern France
by Pierre Le Grand d'Aussy

In a  message dated 4/2/2013 12:10:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,