[Sca-cooks] Happy Holidays and Santa Stuff

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 30 15:16:37 PST 2013

Johnnae wrote:
 >I am reminded yet again that We used to celebrate and share what we
 >were served and ate over the holidays.
 >To get that ball rolling, we had ham for Christmas lunch in lieu of me
 >grilling steaks.

Well, tomorrow's New Year's Eve dinner will be a choice of these:
grilled filet mignon, duck a la orange, crab au gratin, with sides of
green beans with olive oil and red peppers, citrus carrots with candied
walnuts, garden rice blend, horseradish mashed redskins (yum...and they
mean potatoes, not Native Americans). Dessert is New York cheesecake
with fresh strawberries.

We eat well at my retirement community!

Alys K.
--