[Sca-cooks] Ottoman "French" toast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 2 18:13:46 PST 2013

Urtatim said:
<<< But what i've come to share is a mid-15th c. Ottoman "French" toast recipe - i can't recall who it was, but a number of years ago one of our members compiled all the recipes she could find that were like French toast, and this can join them. >>>

Perhaps one of these?
3-F-Toast-Rec-art (8K) 8/17/03 "Period French Toast Recipes"
by Lady Hauviette d'Anjou.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/3-F-Toast-Rec-art.html

French-Toast-art (27K) 3/31/00 "From Lost Bread to French Toast" by
Christianna MacGrain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/French-Toast-art.html

French-Toast-msg (21K) 11/14/04 Period French Toast. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/French-Toast-msg.html

Thank you for this recipe. I will add it to the third file.

Stefan
(Yes, the Florilegium still exists…)

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com