[Sca-cooks] Menestral - medieval food links (French)

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sat Jan 26 10:33:11 PST 2013

Menestral is a site which in general offers numerous links and
bibliographic information on various aspects of the medieval period. It tends to  be in
French, since the assumption seems to be that the same information is more
widely available for English. Still the section on Food at least has an
intro in  English:

_http://www.menestrel.fr/spip.php?rubrique379&lang=en_
(http://www.menestrel.fr/spip.php?rubrique379&lang=en)

I haven't found much new here, but that's only because I've been
researching this for a while. The site in fact lists several articles which it  took
me a while to find on my own.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime  France