[Sca-cooks] Estonian food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 28 19:56:09 PST 2013

<<< We had something very similar to what you described in Swedish food (Sweden
ruled Estonia and Latvia and Lituany under many years), it's called
"kroppkakor". It's made with potatos, as a kind of big Italian gnocchi or
dumpling. It's filled with ground meat and it taste wonderful.

http://www.food.com/recipe/swedish-kroppkakor-61420

http://kokblog.johannak.com/58/

Ana >>>

I'm assuming that this recipe is likely post-period (later than 1600 CE) since it includes potatoes. Although they were known in Spain, I doubt they were known as far away as Estonia. Or is this actually an older recipe that used something other than potatoes originally?

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris