[Sca-cooks] herbs

galefridus at optimum.net galefridus at optimum.net
Fri Jan 11 12:27:49 PST 2013

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:48:29 -0800
> From: Ian Kusz
> To: Cooks within the SCA
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] herbs
>
> found recipe for hypocras using spikenard and rue. use?
>
> --
> Ian of Oertha

I use both rue and spikenard pretty freely. I actually like the flavor that rue imparts, and while I've found that full-strength spikenard can be pretty stinky, a small amount adds a pleasant musky scent to food.

But I also fully disclose what I'm putting into whatever I cook, and I'd be hesitant to recommend either of these for something to be consumed by a lot of folks (feast or dayboard).

-- Galefridus