[Sca-cooks] Russian sources

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:48:12 PST 2013

I also did a Russian feast a few years ago but to get a greater variety I
kinda swam from the Balkans to the Baltic.
I picked 2 tongues and though (hoped) I'd be bringing both home - no soap -
every last piece went.  Same for the gravlax and everything but the kasha.
I even had some people bring kvass of various sorts - it was nice to let
the brewers play.

I wanted to use caviar but it was out of price range so we went with
cavi-art.  Made out of seaweed.  It was more for affect than for people to
eat in big bunches.

Shoshanah