[Sca-cooks] herbs

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Fri Jan 11 17:03:23 PST 2013

It occurs to me I should mention that what I bought at the Persian market
and re-tasted yesterday were rue seeds. I'll have to go looking for some
green  rue - or try planting what I have.

I should also point out that  personally I have no fear of rue. But then,
in playing with Roman cuisine, I ate  a few things I'd hesitate to recommend
to others. And in fact there is  very little of what I made for my own
edification that I would ever serve to  others.

"Are you vegan? Lactose-intolerant? Allergic to peanuts? How about obscure
Roman or medieval spices you've never heard of ? Sure?"

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Catholic Fasting in France: From the Franks to the  Eighteenth Century

In a message dated 1/11/2013 4:46:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,