[Sca-cooks] herbs

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Fri Jan 11 18:03:53 PST 2013

There is rose water, and there is "please dilute by a factor of 50" rose
water.  Rose Water Concentrate.

I once had a bite of a dish that someone had made using the number of
teaspoons (or tablespoons) mentioned in a recipe which was clearly
intended for use with rose water, except this person had a bottle of the
concentrated stuff.  Yep, it most definitely tasted extremely soapy.

Thorvald

On 2013-01-11 17:46, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> I have read in many SCA messages from the past that a lot of people seemed to think rose water tasted "soapy".

As someone with a long exposure to rose water in food, beginning in the
late 1960s (i didn't join the SCA until

1999), i have never found it to taste soapy... unless i was using rose
water soap.