[Sca-cooks] Off topic but important

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Jan 30 23:23:59 PST 2013

You can get it most easily in the laundry soap aisle- "20 Mule Team"
laundry borax. Kills ants, your cats won't eat it.

Liutgard

On 1/30/2013 9:22 PM, Saint Phlip wrote:
> Boric Acid is usually found in hardware or feed stores. Sometimes you
> can find it for sale as an insecticide- that's one place we got it
> when we wanted to use it as a flux. If you go to a decent hardware
> store, though, they can find you some.
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM, Ana Valdés <agora158 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks a lot! How do I buy boric acid? In the pharmacy or in a store? Do you know if it's some label on it?
>> Ana
>>
>> Skickat från min iPhone
>>
>> 31 jan 2013 kl. 02:07 skrev Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com>:
>>
>>> If you put all your spices etc in the freezer for a few days, it will
>>> kill the bugs. After that, make sure they're sealed tightly.
>>>
>>> Boric acid does a good job on ants, and is reasonably non-toxic. It
>>> can also put fires out, and is quite useful as a welding flux on my
>>> forge ;-)

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at:
http://slugcrossings.blogspot.com/