[Sca-cooks] OT: Off topic but important

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 06:36:48 PST 2013

Sorry to disagree, Uruguay as country, is the most southern country. Chile
and Argentina starts far up in the North but Uruguay is only on the South,
Montevideo is the world's most southern capital.
Ana

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Elise Fleming <alysk at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Ana wrote, "Sorry I should add "I am now living in Uruguay, the most
> southern country of South America" :) I moved last year from the extrem
> North (Sweden, where I lived for 34 years) to the extrem South :)
>
> Uhhhh... Argentina is farther south than Uruguay.  Chile has land that is
> either slightly farther south than Argentina or equal to it depending on
> whether you count islands (https://maps.google.com/maps?**
> q=tierra+del+fuego+map&ie=UTF-**8&hq=&hnear=**0xbc4c22cfd9432921:**
> 0x80ee54358cf0d88d,Tierra+del+**Fuego+Province,+Argentina&gl=**
> us&ei=M4AKUZXkGvKD0QHb3oCADQ&**ved=0CDEQ8gEwAA<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=tierra+del+fuego+map&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0xbc4c22cfd9432921:0x80ee54358cf0d88d,Tierra+del+Fuego+Province,+Argentina&gl=us&ei=M4AKUZXkGvKD0QHb3oCADQ&ved=0CDEQ8gEwAA>).
>  And, the southernmost city in South America is Ushuaia in Argentina
>
> I've been fortunate to visit Argentina twice.  Lovely place!  The cups of
> hot chocolate are unbelievably delicious!
>
> Alys K.
> --
> Elise Fleming
> alysk at ix.netcom.com
> alyskatharine at gmail.com
> http://damealys.**medievalcookery.com/<http://damealys.medievalcookery.com/>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/**8311418@N08/sets/<http://www.flickr.com/photos/8311418@N08/sets/>

http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci