[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Tue Nov 26 22:50:49 PST 2013

>Thanksgiving is close upon us.

We have a small gathering.  My husband and I, our son and his wife,
and our daughter.  Possibly one of her school friends, so 5 or 6.  We
don't have room for much more.

Brunch of waffles, bacon, and fruit.

Preludes: Baked Brie with Roasted Grapes, various other cheeses,
crackers, homemade cheese wafers, corn bread, and cranberry bread,
raw Veggies and fresh Fruit, Pickles, Nuts.

The Roasted grapes are an interesting condiment, meant to be served
with cheese.  Grapes roasted with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black
pepper, and a little salt.  I had some big red seedless Holiday
grapes that needed to be used. Only ended with a little cup of the
stuff, but was enough for a first try.

Dinner around 4pm.  Stuffed Mushrooms, Turkey, Gravy, Stuffing, Baked
White and Sweet potatoes, Green Bean casserole with homemade mushroom
sauce, multicolored Carrots, Corn, homemade Cranberry wine sauce.

There will be pumpkin pie, apple pie, and cheesecake, but usually no
one has room for dessert until evening.

Ranvaig