[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Nov 26 23:52:19 PST 2013

On 11/26/2013 10:50 PM, Sharon Palmer wrote:
>> Thanksgiving is close upon us.

Indeed it is!

Regina will be at her son's house, but this house will be full! James
and I, Phil and Annie, Stephen and Sierra, David and Lydia, and
Anastasia and Ilyana, who will be 3 on Sunday! And possibly some family
friends (who I need to call tomorrow).

Brekkies of pancakes and bacon, and probably some fruit.

I will probably have a veggie tray out to keep people out of the kitchen.

Dinner 4ish. Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce,
the famed barley pilaf, some salad an/or other veg dish, and of course
olives (I have to teach the girls how to put olives on their fingers-
that's my job, isn't it?).

Plan to have wine and cider, etc.

Eventually we'll have pie- I'm making my usual pumpkin pie (the secret
is molasses, and a bit of saffron, er, 'scribal error'), and the pear
tart I've been working on.

And there will be board games! Minnicks (and in-laws) love board games!

Liutgard
--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: