[Sca-cooks] Emmer flour as samidh?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Sep 1 09:32:31 PDT 2013

Until the mid-19th Century and the introduction of roller milling all flour
would have been whole grain with the bran included.  The question is whether
or not the flour has been bolted to remove the coarse bits leaving fine
flour.  If the bran and the shorts (coarse fiber byproducts AKA cellulose
and cell structure material) are too coarse for your purposes, sieving the
flour through a 40-mesh (610 micrometer) sieve should produce a flour
equivalent to the finest Medieval flours.

Bear