[Sca-cooks] MidWinter Feast

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 14:24:56 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> Sounds interesting.
>
> Do you have an idea of for how many people? How many servings?

Usually around 100 - 125 we'll have less in the first few hours and last
few and more during the "busy" time.

> And travel on the Silk Road… what time periods are up for consideration
> and what cultures or countries?
> Or can one move from ancient to 16th century and back to ancient?
>
> Right now we're not limiting people.  I'd like to find a timeframe but I
have a co-autocrat who is encouraging people to "do what they want".  She
is partial to going from Italy to China along a more southern, water,
route.  I would have preferred a land route - we'll see what we can do to
bring things to a more common route and a fixed time period.  One of our
new cooks has taken some research material from North Africa and India.

Are you going to allow duplication of places because some areas offer more
> recipes?

I don't want to.  There is so much out there I'm hoping we can move from
place to place without returning.