[Sca-cooks] MidWinter Feast

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 14:33:24 PDT 2013

Shoot - I thought I sent this but it's not showing up -- so, here are my
replies again.

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> Sounds interesting.
>
> Do you have an idea of for how many people? How many servings?

100-125 people.  More during the day, less in the morning and less after
court.

> And travel on the Silk Road… what time periods are up for consideration
> and what cultures or countries?
> Or can one move from ancient to 16th century and back to ancient?

All times periods are up for consideration although I'd like to find a
reasonable period of time I have a co-autocrat who has a more "do what you
want" attitude.  We'll see where people want to go and see if we can
suggest a cohesive timeframe. She wants something like Italy to China along
a southern, water route that goes by India.  I was hoping for a land route.
 I guess we'll see what the cooks want and see if lends itself to a
particular area or if it becomes more of a free for all.

> Are you going to allow duplication of places because some areas offer more
> recipes?

No, I don't want to.  There are a lot of choices out there and I don't
think it's necessary to repeat an area.

My hope is to encourage anyone who wants to cook to do so.  I want to bring
more cooking into our area because I always feel that the cooks get
forgotten.  Especially when Court runs long and dinner gets cold.  That's
one reason not to do a sit down feast so that food can be served hot when
ready and people can enjoy it as it is intended.