[Sca-cooks] Broken brawn recipe?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Sep 8 20:04:13 PDT 2013

I own a copy of An Ordinance of Pottage. There are a number of brawn recipes.
89-91 are the recipes of most interest. But much better is the original!

Daniel Myers has written that the Wagstaff Miscellany is available online.

http://medievalcookery.blogspot.com/2012/12/recipes-from-wagstaff-miscellany-intro.html

That link is broken but this one works.

Ok you can see original mss at:

http://brbl-dl.library.yale.edu/vufind/Record/3432728?image_id=1012906

According to Hieatt, recipes begin on ff56-76.

And the brawn recipes start at 66r.

So you can read the original there

Johnnae