[Sca-cooks] Sent Sovi Translation

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 16:57:02 PDT 2014

This has been mentioned here in the distant past. Really not sure if it's
the complete work or not

Faraudo de Saint-Germain, Luis [Lluis], 1867-1957. “El "Libre de Sent Soví"
 Recetario de cocina
catalana medieval”. Boletín de la Real Academia de  Buenas Letras de
Barcelona. 1952. Vol. 24.
Pp.5-71.

http://www.raco.cat/index.php/BoletinRABL/article/view/196586

Goes from "Salsa de paguo" to "Frexures de Porcell".

"Deveu saber que en aquest libre ha scrit lvxxxii...."

But it does indeed look like Old Catalan.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

Beyond the peacocks:  what most Medieval eaters actually ate
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-peacocks-what-most-medieval.html

In a message dated 4/12/2014 2:18:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,