[Sca-cooks] [OT] OCR programs for the Mac?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 22:20:02 PDT 2014

On Apr 15, 2014, at 2:01 PM, guillanedv <guillanedv at aol.com> wrote:

> Have you thought about reading the articles into a voice recognition program? Nuance has Dragon Dictate for Mac. I use the windows version.
>
> Guillane

An interesting idea, but the voice recognition program might be more expensive than the OCR. I'd expect the OCR to be much simpler computationally.

And as bad as it might normally interpret me, right now I'm suffering from allergies and am congested and coughing, so it would probably be much worse now.

I guess reading various text articles into the system might help you get over your stage fright. :-)  I find it hard to believe folks can use a speech recognition system in the open cubicle arrangements that seem to be so common these days.

Thanks though,
   Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com