[Sca-cooks] Eels

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 18 16:26:43 PST 2014

Jim  Chevallier commented:
<<< But it may have been the sauce.

The next time I'm in those parts,  I'll have to try them without the sauce.
I wasn't into medieval cuisine back  then, so there's a whole layer of
association I was missing. >>>

Maybe. :-) But there seems to be some differences of opinion on whether eels are edible for not. But on this list, that is true of various things, pizza, organ meats, cats, possums, McDonald's hamburgers, kimchi, anchovies etc.

IF you can find some fresh eels, here are some medieval recipes to try.
eels-msg (31K) 5/25/13 Eel dishes. Getting and cleaning eels.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/eels-msg.html

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com